- 09-Mar-2017 to 06-May-2017 (MST)
- Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Our intern for Layton Construction aids and assists the Project Engineers, Project Managers and Superintendents on construction projects. Commercial construction experience will be preferred.
- Becomes familiar with the assigned project plans and specifications in order to assist the engineer with the project.
- Process RFI's, Submittals (collects from subcontractors and distributes to architects/engineers/consultants).
- Assists in creating pay applications
- Distributes drawings and communicates information to subcontractors
- Collects and organizes bid information
- Prepares Project Review packages
- Assists in publishing weekly progress reports for assigned projects
- Completes follow up for receipt, review, and distribution of information required for project construction.
- Researches construction problems.
- Updates project schedules as needed.
- Assists in bidding and in developing scope of work for trade contractors.
- Follows up for review and approval for shop drawings, samples, material lists, etc.
- Maintains logs, reflecting the status of shop drawings, requests for clarification, change requests, and proposal requests.
- Assist in ensuring appropriate materials are available for the preparation of the project
- Two to three years college.
- Mobility - Our interns can be assigned to projects as needed: Our projects are located throughout the United States.
Our Salt Lake City office is listed on this posting as the corporate base. This may NOT be the location the Intern is assigned.
- Three years of Construction Management curriculum.
- Commercial construction experience will be preferred.