- 09-Mar-2017 to 06-Apr-2017 (MST)
- Rapid City, SD, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Vehicle Benefits, etc.
This position is responsible for implementation of corporate, field and office ESH policies and procedures in assigned business units and/or larger project sites.
- Assists in establishing safety culture at assigned project
- Provides regulatory and policy reviews and interpretation and technical advice
- Recommends improvements to and provides technical review of ESH tools, processes, policies and training
- Reviews leading indicators from audit summaries, daily observations and injury statistics to provide structured programs to lower risks associated with potential accidents and losses to assigned projects
- Provides monthly statistical information to the Director of Safety for analysis and future safety program planning
- Monitors workers compensation issues on company projects and works closely with the Director of Safety on these issues
- Coordinates safety processes between all subcontractors on assigned projects
- Conducts incident review meetings with project managers and superintendents
- Oversees monthly audit program to document compliance to standards and safety program effectiveness
- Implements training at the project to achieve desired results of injury free environments and to achieve OSHA/MSHA compliance
- Ensure accident reports is accurate and prompt with prevention measures implemented
- Assists with injury management to ensure industrial medical care is provided with attention given to cost control assists project supervision with safety disciplinary measures and enforcement when necessary
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires a minimum of ten years safety experience in commercial construction, five years as a Safety manager
- Requires OSHA 500 Certification
- Good understanding and application of industrial hygiene principles
- Good problem solving ability
- Ability to multi-task, must be detail oriented.
- Fifteen years of construction safety experience
- BS degree in Environmental, Safety & Health,
- CSHT,ASP, or CSP.