- 13-Mar-2017 to 13-Apr-2017 (MST)
- Salt Lake City, UT, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Vehicle Benefits, etc.
The Superintendent is responsible for the daily operation of a job site, including scheduling, production, and procurement of materials, manpower, and equipment. Supervises all direct labor positions on the assigned project. Manages and oversees any contracted work on the site to ensure successful project completion.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Studies specifications to plan procedures for construction on basis of starting and completion times and staffing requirements for each phase of construction, based on knowledge of available tools and equipment and various building methods.
- Interacts with the Project Manager to determine the project schedule; develops and utilizes "look ahead" schedules to assess progress and spot upcoming issues.
- Coordinates the pre-construction meeting with the Project Manager prior to mobilization.
- Directs procurement of tools and materials to be delivered at specified times to conform to work schedules.
- Ensures all parties involved with the project are informed of construction issues and progress: (1) meets with and directs supervisory personnel engaged in planning and executing work procedures, interpreting specifications, and coordinating various phases of construction to prevent delays; (2) meets regularly with craft personnel to update them on construction issues and to gather input for solutions; (3) meets with subcontractors prior to the sub's mobilization to review scope of work and schedule; also, advises subs prior to each phase of work on schedule and phasing requirements; and (4) meets regularly with clients to update them on the project's progress.
- Confers with supervisory and engineering personnel and/or inspectors and suppliers of tools and materials to resolve construction problems and to improve construction methods.
- Inspects work in progress to ensure that work conforms to specifications, Layton quality standards, and to construction schedules.
- Works in conjunction with project manager in preparing the Project Management Plan.
- Ensures that company policies, such as safety policies, equal opportunity, and others, are implemented consistently. Ensures company quality standards and housekeeping requirements are maintained.
- 6 + years experience as commercial superintendent.
- Ability to utilize BIM360.
- Understands and applies building codes and other design requirements correctly.
- Has good understanding and knowledge of subcontractors' scopes of work and tolerances.
- Has good written and verbal communication skills: expresses ideas clearly and effectively; uses proper grammar and syntax.
- Has good administrative skills: monitors the progress and coordination of work activities; keeps other members of the organization informed of progress and problems.
- Has good management skills: establishes techniques to effectively and proactively monitor and supervise the work of subordinates and to follow up on the results of delegated assignments.
- Has excellent problem solving ability: finds and uses relationships between data from different sources to formulate alternative solutions.
- Is organized: establishes priorities and a course of action for handling multiple tasks.
- Plans effectively: establishes courses of action for self and for others; allocates resources and assigns personnel; uses time efficiently; is personally well-organized.
- Is professional: displays appropriate appearance and professional conduct; makes a good impression on others.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Light manufacturing experience
- Ability to travel and relocate
- Concrete and steel experience
- Knowledge and use of CMiC preferred.