- 10-Apr-2017 to 09-May-2017 (MST)
- Salt Lake City, UT, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, etc.
A Corporate Scheduler develops and maintains software schedules for all assigned construction projects in strategic business unit(s). The incumbent monitors schedule progression against the schedule baseline, explains schedule variances and prepares reports on schedule-related trends; assists the project team in understanding the various projects' outlook. Develops scheduling standards and procedures. The incumbent reports to the Manager of Corporate Scheduling.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops and maintains schedules for all assigned projects utilizing critical path (CPM) scheduling techniques.
- Reviews project schedule data to include records of activities, verifies actual start/finish dates, cost/budgets, work breakdown structures, and associated data as applicable to activities.
- Evaluates work packages and other related data for feasibility of implementation. Makes recommendations as to alternative methods or processes that may be utilized to efficiently achieve and maintain desired customer results.
- Interfaces with internal and external customers to communicate status of work and corrective actions that may be required to ensure conformance to established schedules.
- Works closely with project team (project managers, superintendents, project engineers) to ensure that schedule information is communicated to the parties doing the work.
- Assists the project team in the development of the project management plans and cost/schedule integration.
- Develops or provides input to the project status reports (such as a critical path analysis) to ensure proper documentation is maintained and complete.
- Supports construction operations to meet production schedules and recommends revision of schedules as a result of changes during construction.
- Analyzes project requirements with project team and ensures that required resources are available so that established schedules may be reasonably maintained. If resources are not available, notifies supervision and the project team of resource issues.
- Coordinates with internal and external customers to obtain data concerning the status of assigned project activities or milestones.
- Analyzes work productivity against established schedules and reports to management. Modifies schedules as necessary to efficiently plan and report activities as required.
- Ensures an audit trail from the initiation of a project to a project's completion.
- Prepares project management reports to reflect schedule status and/or corrective actions as required.
- Coordinates projects with all participants to ensure that plans are achievable and current on a daily basis.
- B.S. in Construction Management and/or equivalent.
- Has five plus years' experience or equivalent specialized training and work experience.
- Excellent working knowledge of Primavera P6 scheduling software and MS Office software.
- Ability to independently apply advanced analysis techniques, demonstrate experience in oversight of construction processes and lead others in performing complex, interrelated tasks in an effective and timely manner.
- Knowledge of various construction industry markets; (e.g. institutional, retail, government, hospitality, and healthcare).
- Ability to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines, and coordinate team
- Has integrity: maintains the required standards of ethics, conduct, and organizational policies in job-related activities.
- Ability to operate office equipment, computer, printer, phone, copier, fax, etc.
- Effective written, verbal, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Excellent knowledge of construction practices, methods, trends and crew data.
- Ability to perform essential duties and responsibilities efficiently, accurately, and safely with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing threat of harm to self or others.