- 15-Mar-2017 to 14-Apr-2017 (MST)
- Nashville, TN, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, etc.
An Estimator prepares estimates for various projects, shares responsibility for cost accuracy with project team and assists other estimators and managers in all types of estimating tasks.
1. Prepares estimates for potential projects, using hard-bid, design-build and conceptual estimating.
2. Reads and understands contract documents (plans, specifications & addenda).
3. Performs quantity take-offs, organizes and prices information.
4. Solicits bids and quotes from subcontractors and suppliers.
5. Communicates with subs and suppliers to clarify pricing information.
6. Prepares estimate formats in such areas as general conditions, general bidding, quantity takeoffs and bid analysis.
7. Assists with the preparation of bid proposal for submittal.
8. Prepares outline schedules for proposed projects.
9. Assists staff members with various special projects related to estimating.
1. Bachelor's degree in engineering or construction related field or equivalent
2. At least five years experience in estimating commercial construction projects, demonstrating competence in hard-bid, design-build, and conceptual estimating.
3. Prefer at least three years hospital construction estimating experience.
4. Excellent working knowledge of Timberline, On-Screen Takeoff, Excel, and Word software.
5. Ability to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines, and coordinate team members.
6. Has integrity: maintains normal standards of ethics, conduct, and organizational policies in job-related activities.
7. Ability to operate office equipment, computer, printer, phone, copier, fax, etc.
8. Effective written, verbal and presentation skills.
9. Excellent knowledge of construction practices, methods, trends and crew data.
10. Ability to perform essential duties and responsibilities efficiently and accurately.