- 18-Apr-2017 to 17-May-2017 (MST)
- San Jose, CA, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, etc.
The Project Manager is responsible for the overall planning, management, and execution of work for assigned construction projects. The Project Manager may be assigned responsibility for one or more projects at a time and should maximize project profitability and promote Company objectives and goals through the performance of his/her job, meeting quality and safety standards as well as meeting owner expectations. The Project Manager is expected to assess and respond to customer needs and cultivate customer relationships through proactive interaction with project owners. This position must also foster the fundamental Company business philosophies as well as assist in the process of training and developing employees under his/her supervision.
- Assists in the preparation of estimates for the project.
- Prepares project budgets and unit cost reports.
- Leads the project team in preparing the Project Management Plan.
- Participates in value engineering services as appropriate.
- Organizes and holds pre-award and pre-construction meetings.
- Participates in the successful negotiation and preparation of all project subcontracts.
- Participates in obtaining permits and resolving other regulatory requirements as necessary.
- Prepares a project schedule and develops milestones necessary to successfully complete the project in concert with the project Superintendent.
- Obtains and reviews plans and specifications and determines their completeness and consistency.
- Plans the successful execution of the construction contract.
- Manages project materials and equipment procurement within the project's budget constraints and consistent with the project delivery schedule.
- Develops and monitors project quality, safety, and risk management plans.
- Regularly visits the project site and monitors costs, safety, quality, and schedule performance with the Project Superintendent.
- Evaluates and modifies schedules as necessary to meet schedule milestones and financial goals.
- Negotiates owner and subcontractor change orders and manages the resulting cost and profit impact.
- Develops the monthly client pay requests and follows up on the collection of billings.
- Controls the payment of job costs based on document review and approval and coordinates with the job cost accountant for payments and lien releases. Participates in monthly job cost reviews to declare project status.
- Attends and documents owner and other coordination meetings.
- Coordinates all final close out procedures for the project including as-built drawing, punch lists, final billing, occupancy permit, owner acceptance, project manuals, warranty letters, subcontractor close out, letter of substantial completion, and letter of recommendation.
- Interacts with estimating to provide project cost information for the estimating database.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or construction related field, or equivalent.
- Has an in-depth knowledge of commercial construction processes.
- Applies estimating concepts to the level required to verify bids, understand market rates, and to process change orders, etc.
- Understands and applies contractual language and concepts and knows how to best utilize the language and concepts to protect the company and to provide quality service to the client.
- Has a working knowledge of construction laws and practices.
- Understands building codes and other design requirements to the extent necessary for the project.
- Reads and understands plans, blueprints, and specifications.
- Integrity: Maintains high standards of ethics, conduct, and organizational policies in job-related activities.
- Has good administrative skills: keeps other members of the organization informed of progress and problems; monitors the progress and coordination of delegated assignments.
- Has good management skills: establishes techniques to effectively monitor and supervise the work of subordinates and the results of delegated assignments.
- Delegates effectively: assigns decision-making and other responsibilities to subordinates. Uses subordinates effectively.
- Has good customer service skills: Seeks to understand customer needs by listening and through research of customer's business; determines which customer needs can reasonably by met; follows through on a course of action to meet those needs.
- Is professional: displays professional appearance and conduct; makes a good impression on others.
- Understands and uses negotiation skills and tactics to obtain the company's objective and to limit risks.
- Has excellent problem solving ability: finds and uses relationships between data from different sources to formulate alternative solutions. Solves practical problems and deals with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists; interprets a variety of complex instructions.
- Is able to travel to and from project sites as required.
- Has the ability to perform essential duties and responsibilities efficiently, accurately, and safely with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing threat of harm to self or others.