- 29-Mar-2017 to 28-Apr-2017 (MST)
- Salt Lake City, UT, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, etc.
The Project Engineer Safety QA/QC assists Project Managers, Superintendents, and Project Safety Managers to ensure that work installed on the project meets construction plan and specification requirements.
- Assures compliance by becoming intimately familiar with the assigned project plans and specifications. Reviews shop drawing and submittals.
- Reviews plans from the standpoint of value analysis and constructability, ensuring appropriate materials are utilized. Communicates inconsistencies to the architect.
- Recommends labor saving and other cost-saving methods, which will save Layton and/or the owner money in actual construction.
- Attends and takes notes for project team meetings, including weekly Owner/Architect meetings and subcontractor coordination meetings. Distributes meeting minutes to participants.
- Publishes weekly progress reports for assigned projects and follows up for receipt, review, and distribution of information required for project construction.
- Maintains logs, reflecting the status of shop drawings, requests for clarification, change requests, and proposal requests.
- Advises on proper procedures for concrete pours. Inspects structural reinforcing.
- Coordinates standard slump and compaction testing to verify compliance to specifications.
- Reviews field procedures and final installation of structural elements to ensure compliance of the work.
- Performs work sampling. Observes and analyzes work methods, techniques, and procedures to advise superintendent on improvement of production efficiency.
- Monitors temperature and weather conditions as well as other factors that could affect the success of concrete placement.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures. Report unsafe activities to supervisor and/or Safety.
- Bachelors degree in engineering or construction related field or in school.
- One year previous field experience.
- Working knowledge of scheduling programs. (Sure Track, Primavera, MS Project)
- Working knowledge of safety programs and initiatives.
- Ability to understand and convey basic Spanish commands, questions, and instructions regarding concrete construction.