- 03-Apr-2017 to 02-May-2017 (MST)
- Phoenix, AZ, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, etc.
The Project Engineer assists Project Managers to ensure that work installed on the project meets construction plan and specification requirements.
- Assures compliance with assigned project plans and specifications
- Reviews shop drawings and submittals
- Reviews plans and ensures appropriate materials are utilized
- Communicates inconsistencies to the architect
- Recommends labor saving and other cost-saving methods
- Attends and takes notes for project team meetings, including owner/architect and subcontractor meetings
- Distributes meeting minutes to participants
- Publishes weekly progress reports for assigned projects
- Researches construction problems
- Updates project schedules as needed
- Assists in bidding and developing scope of work for trade contractors
- Works with superintendent to prepare project schedule, including establishing dates for receiving shop drawings and milestones necessary to complete the project on time
- Follows up for review and approval for shop drawings, samples, material lists, etc; maintains logs, change requests and proposal requests
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in engineering or construction related field.
- One year previous field experience or 5 years in a field-related construction position.
- Working knowledge of scheduling programs. (Sure Track, Primavera, MS Project)
- Ability to understand and convey basic Spanish commands, questions, and instructions regarding concrete construction.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Good written and oral communication skills. Expresses self clearly and effectively when talking with individuals and groups. Demonstrates poise and mastery of language in expressing self. Expresses ideas clearly in writing. Uses proper organization and grammar.
- Basic working knowledge of Word and Excel.
- Cooperation: Works well with other people. Takes time to help co-workers, customers and others achieve their goals and assignments.
- The ability to read and understand blueprints.
- Learning Ability: Has the ability and desire to quickly learn new job-related information.
- The ability to understand and apply OSHA and company safety requirements.
- Has integrity: maintains normal standards of ethics, conduct, and organizational policies in job-related activities.
- Problem Solving: Solves practical problems and deals with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists; interprets a variety of complex instructions.
- The ability to perform essential duties and responsibilities efficiently, accurately, and safely with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing threat of harm to self or others.
Layton Construction https://layton.applicantpool.com