- 05-Apr-2017 to 04-May-2017 (MST)
- Las Vegas, NV, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, etc.
The Project Assistant provides support for other SBU members to improve the operational processes and procedures; professionally and accurately designs project-related documents; establishes and maintains project files to ensure document control throughout the construction process.
- Assembles, compiles, and/or prepares the following documents to ensure efficient and complete documentation for construction projects, contracts, purchase orders, owner pay requests, project insurances, bonds, notices of commencement, legal documents required for project start/completion, warranties, owners operations and maintenance manuals, and as-built drawing for closeout
- Monitors and enforces legal and insurance compliance with respect to all required construction paperwork, including paperwork required in-house
- Drafts, transmits, and files correspondence
- Confirms timely responses from subcontractors for contract paperwork
- Assists in bidding and in developing scope of work for trade contractors
- Works with the superintendent to prepare project schedule, including establishing dates for receiving shop drawings and milestones necessary to complete the project on time
- Follows up for review and approval for shop drawings, samples, material lists, etc
- Maintains logs reflecting the status of shop drawings, requests for clarification, change requests, and proposal requests using Constructware; Prepares and issues change orders to subcontractors and owners for extra work performed on the project
- Updates and maintains current logs for change orders, providing control information
- Coordinates with project managers to increase understanding of projects and to improve the quality of the work.
- High School diploma
- Typing minimum 50 wpm
- 2 years experience in secretarial or administrative work
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to adapt to changes quickly
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to perform essential duties and responsibilities efficiently, accurately, and safely, with or without reasonable accommodation, and without posing a threat of harm to self or others
- Maintains normal standards of ethics, conduct, and organizational policies in job-related activities.
Preferred Qualification: Must be very organized